Tuesday, 26 April 2016

Rose Wonder

I have loved playing with the Rose Wonder stamp set and framelettes, but was looking for something new to do, so started to experiment with the small flower stamp included. 

After playing about on scrap paper I came up with this wreath idea. On a piece of Very Vanilla 10cm X 10cm I drew a circle in pencil around a glass in the centre. In Rose Red I stamped all around it so that the images joined each other (thank goodness for photopolymer!). My tip here would be to have a practice on some scrap paper first, as everyones glasses will be a different diameter, and linking the flowers to create an even circle too me a bit of practice.

In Wild Wasabi ink I then stamped in the little leaves around the outside of the wreath, which are from the Cottage Greetings Stamp set.

Using the Blender pens to pick up ink from the lid of my Rose Red ink pad I then coloured in the flowers, followed by a touch of clear Wink of Stella for a hint of sparkle! Now the fiddly bit....I then cut out by hand all around the wreath inside and out. For those of you who are not in love with fussy cutting I do not recommend this, as it took me quite a while!

After cutting out the wreath, and a break for a well earned cuppa, I proceeded onto my greeting. I used the lovely new shape that comes with the Rose Wonder framelits to cut out the greeting banner, and then used the corresponding stamp to do the border in Rose Red. I prefer to do it this way round with photopolymer stamps as I find it easier to stamp onto a shape I can see than line up the framelit on top of the stamped image, but that is definitely personal preference. 

There are lots of lovely greetings you can use in this stamp set, but I went for a birthday one as I needed to stock up, which I stamped in Wild Wasabi. I then got out my Love Blossoms DSP Stack and had a flick through until I found a design I was happy with and cut a piece 9.5cm x 14.85cm. This was mounted upon Rose Red Card Stock, which is half a sheet of A4 (21cm x 29.7cm) folded in two, the front measures 10.5cm x 14.85cm. 

The wreath was then glued on, with dimensionals for a bit of depth, at the top of the card. Using a strip of Wild Wasabi Card 1cm x 10.5cm I got busy with the Wink of Stella! I painted over the whole of this strip of card so that it really shone, and then glued it half way between the bottom of the card and the bottom of the wreath. My greeting banner was then mounted over the top of this strip on top of dimensionals.

I hope you enjoyed my use of this pretty flower stamp, and are inspired to make a wreath of your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment