Sunday 31 January 2016

Un-inking technique with Blender Pens

Colourful Cards with Sheltering Tree


I love the Sheltering Tree stamp set, and had fun creating this card as an example for my Male Card Class. I really enjoyed the bright colours of Cucumber Crush, Watermelon Wonder and Pacific Point, they are lovely and zingy together! 

I was especially pleased when I managed to add some bunting to the scene using the cake toper from the Build a Birthday stamp set. I was keen to remove the poles from the stamp to just leave me with the bunting. So I set about trying various methods. 


 I didn't have my Stampin' Markers with me so was unable to colour in the section I wanted, so instead I 'un-inked' the poles of my stamp with my blender pens by running the tip of the pen over the unwanted inked area. Blender pens are designed to pick up ink and so they are perfect for this technique


I would recommend going over the area on the stamp you want to un-ink several times with the blender pen, and clean off the pen each time on some scrap paper, this allows you to keep picking up the colour off the stamp. 

Also have a practice at stamping your un-inked image before you put it directly on your project, its very annoying to add that finishing touch, only to smudge it slightly. 

I mounted my finished picture on a piece of striped DSP from the Pretty Petals DSP Stack, onto card base of Cucumber Crush. Happy Stamping!


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment